Monday, July 13, 2009

Hooker Landlord

That's right!  I have a prostitute as a landlord!  Granted, this is a theory right now, but let me tell you why:

a)  there have been at least 5 men over the age of 50 (my landlord is about 20 and according to my friend Val doesn't wear enough clothes for the amount of skin she shows) knocking on my door at various times during the evening, including once at 4am.  I ignored them and they didn't get the hint that "no one was home" and kept knocking for an hour.

b)  as I've told many of you, the walls between my part of the house and my landlord's are very thin.  Because of this, unfortunately, I can hear everything (EVERYTHING) that happens in her house.  More unfortunately, there have been various nights when I have to fall asleep to the sounds of noises that one doesn't want to hear unless one is part of those acts.  These noises started once the music problem (my landlord was blasting her music at midnight and later and was keeping me up) stopped.  I kind of want to to start playing the music again.

c)  The woman is never home.  She leave early in the morning dressed in nothing (granted Ukrainian women always dress in nothing, but she's particularly bad), and doesn't get home until late night (sometimes not at all), at which time reason B begins.  

Because of all these reasons, especially reason A, the Peace Corps has deemed my house unsafe to live in.  No one wants random people knocking at your door at all times of the day, and looking for someone who doesn't live there.  In addition, who knows what would happen if they find out I'm an American?  So, at the end of this month, I'm moving (again).  Who knows to where. . . . it's a pity because I was finally getting used to my little house!  Oh well, maybe I'll be in town so I can actually possibly do stuff after 8pm, when the buses to my village stop running. 

1 comment: