I just thought I'd check in to say hi to everyone. No real fun stories to tell, but I just wanted to say that I've found my most favorite thing to do ever. . . and that would be bar-b-quing. Aka. Shashleeking. We youngster volunteers had one the second week we were here, and brought a volleyball and soccer ball and literally just hung out in the forest all afternoon. For all of you who have ever been to my apt. in the summertime in NY, you know that I heart being the grillmaster. Same goes here. Thanks to the Girl Scouts (don't laugh), I am an expert in making fires from nothing. And we've had to start many to grill our food. Last weekend, though, was a serious shashleek. I'm not kidding. It was one of the volunteers, Suzanne's birthday, so her host mom invited us all to the forest to join in a birthday feast. Not only did they have shashleek metal sticks, but they had a portable grill. And the spread. . . whew. . . what a spread! Amazing!
And that's all I got. Oh, and some pics (I was told I don't have enough pictures of myself on this blog, so ask and ye shall recieve).




No comments:
Post a Comment