Anyways, back to the story. . . . then the vodka shots began. Sidenote: For those of you who remember me from high school, you remember the last time I took vodka shots. For those of you who didn’t know me, let’s just say that vodka isn’t my strong suit. Ok, back to the story- vodka shots. I got up to 4, and then stopped. There was one kid in my cluster who got up to 6 or something. I think I asked at one point to one of the Ukrainians how many shots he’s had, and he goes, “we don’t count. We just drink.” Oh, and while the party started with no adults around, it ended with the host mom coming home and hanging out with us, drinking a few shots, finding one of the couples doing bad stuff on her bed, and kicking some people out. This was all before 12:30am, mind you. By the time that happened, it was only me and Rachel representing the Americans, and everyone wanted to talk to us and was very impressed that we were still there. By the time I left, we were still hanging out at the apartment, 2 shot glasses has been broken, there had been about 5-10 party fouls (shockingly, none of them were by me), and people were checking out my new rad “going out” sneaks that I had purchased that day at the bizarre for $20. They’re pretty.
Here are some pics (I don't have my own because while I own a camera, apparently I refuse to use it. . . it doesn't fit in my pants. So I stole Rachel's pics- hope she doesn't mind!)
Highlights from the Party
-My name being “Jessee-ka”, because apparently Jessie is not a name here.
-The birthday girl’s mom coming in and smoking hukah with us
-Me trading English lessons for free haircuts with the birthday girl’s sister (who, for all intensive purposes, could be a Williamsburg hipster transported to Ukraine)
-Me actually remembering all the night’s events and not getting sick from the vodka (yay me! MAJOR feat!)
-Rachel and I finding out that “cake” in Ukraine is really more of a big cookie, and kind of tastes like astronaut food.
-Rachel and I making a lot of Ukrainian friends- which just goes to show you what drunk people can accomplish.
-Me making the best analogy ever about Ukraine and vodka. That is the title of this blog. Enough said.
wow, Jay. already diving headfirst into the culture.how come i am not surprised at all. i love you
ReplyDeletelook at you! 4 vodka shots! I am impressed :).
ReplyDeleteNOW TAKE SOME PICTURES!
all in good time, all in good time. i've been adding pics later on to keep people coming back :)
ReplyDelete