Wednesday, September 23, 2009

I'VE MOVED!!!

That’s right kids. . . after 3 and change months of living in a house in Grishkivtsi with no water and breeding mice, I’ve moved into Berdychiv! My apartment is conveniently right next to the bazaar and smaller bus station. . . something which is actually a bit comforting, because it’s never totally quiet. I guess I’m a city girl at heart. . . always need some background noise. So, here I am, in my apartment with running HOT water! Well, the “hot” part once I learn how to use the water heater and not look pathetic trying to do it.

I must say, I’m going to miss the village. It was a nice little vacation house. . . but there’s work to do, so goodbye Grishkivtsi, hello Berdychiv!

So what’s going on in Berdychiv, you ask? Well. . . not much. Rosh Hashanah was last week, and I spent it at the synagogue eating. No joke. Literally, it was 2 days of eating. I can never eat again!

On a non-religious note, Luba and I went to an HIV/AIDS training last week, and of course once we got back, she wanted me to write another grant (for those of you who aren’t aware, I’m already writing one for a volunteer club project they want to start). So, we’re going to have a 3 day HIV/AIDS conference starting on World AIDS Day (Dec. 1). If anyone has any suggestions on activities or whatnot to do with youth about this, let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment