Monday, August 10, 2009

My Birthday

I’d say this was probably on the list of “funnest birthdays to date”. On Saturday, I, with a 6 other volunteers went rock climbing. The cliffs we were climbing were level 5 out of level 7. I didn’t make it to the top because I’m friggin out of shape, but I tried 3 times. So by the 3rd time I was about to die, and my arms felt like jelly. But the way I figure it. . . if I made it halfway 3 times, that means I made it up 1 and a half time! How’s that for logic! After that, we all went down a makeshift zip line. When the trainers were preparing the zip line, they were doing a demo, and I overheard them talking, and Pasha whispers to Igor, “are you scared to go down this?” and Igor replied, “a little”. NOT reassuring! But, I took to the bull by the horns, overcame my fear of heights, and totally did it!!!

On my actually birthday, me, Val, Heather, my counterpart Luba and her family went to a park in Berdychiv and went shashlicking. It was so much fun! I brought my guitar, we had sandwiches and pork kabobs (after I found out it was pork, I really didn’t want to eat them, but I figured it would be rude not to eat them, and man, were they good! Tasted like chicken!), drank some wine, it was awesome! I couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful day, and was surrounded by cheery people and personalities.

Thanks to all of you who called and emailed! I love you all! Pictures to follow. I swear.


Ziplining



The Cliff


My Birthday Picnic (from the left: Kristina, Me, Val, Heather, Oksana) with the largest watermelon I've ever seen!


Sergei taking care of the shashlick meat


Guitaring while waiting for the meat to cook

No comments:

Post a Comment